Shifting difficulty

lawngnome

Threads
Hey guys,
I have a older 30" rear 10hp tech motor. The main drive belt needed replacing thus replaced it. Before replacment would shift with ease afterwards shifting is quite difficult. Litteraly both hands on lever pulling with extreme force, reverse is out of the question, and getting into neutral is a lucky pull. And sometimes, when shifting into forward gears, you get neutral. Like your inbetween gears.

Any help would be great.
Ps i actully didnt not perform belt replacement so as far as rods at correct lenghts got no idea. Suggestions on what length they r suppose to be and either corrected longer or shorter would help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you or did you not replace the belt? Sound like you routed the belt wrong and you are now not able to remove the tension on the belt to allow shifting.

lawngnome

Threads
The belt was changed, somebody else actually did the work. I was not present for the procedure.

Now would that affect driving. Cause it pulls good.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it was not routed properly it would definitely affect the driving.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
With the engine off try the different gears and see how many you can shift to. If it shifts easier the belt is too tight for some reason and why will need to be determined.

lawngnome

Threads
Think i figured it out. Where the dowl goes into transaxle, put some pb blaster and freed it up some. So its probaly rusty/dirty right there. Cant really see with axle still on mower. Still cant get reverse though.Im thinking linkage is adjusted wrong. Thanks for all the input.