Set Timing on Makita 4-Cycle Blower

Threads
I messed up and, being used to my 2-cycle motors, didn't check the oil on my Makita 4-stroke backpack blower and locked it up. Stupid, I know! Tore it down and have it ready to go again but have no idea what the correct setting is for the valve timing. It's a gear drive for the crank. Wondering where the valves should be when the cylinder is at TDC. It's firing but not starting and it sure feels like a timing issue. Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like there are two lines on the flywheel that align with the parallel edge of the crankcase and the N will face toward the ignition module on the flywheel And then align the mark on the camgear with the mark on the crankcase.

Can't post copy of my service manual due to being for official use by ASC only.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is at least two different ways depending the model involved. Must know which the OP has.

EB7650
1652980866036.png
BHX2500
1652981205618.png
Service manuals are not restricted when they are freely available on the net.

Threads
There is at least two different ways depending the model involved. Must know which the OP has.

EB7650
View attachment 60576
BHX2500
View attachment 60577
Thanks a bunch for the super level of detail! Looked all over and couldn't find the service manual. I have the EB5300TH Blower. The cam set-up looks the same as the photos you've shared. I'll set it up and let you know how it went. Tks Again!

EB7650
View attachment 60576
BHX2500
View attachment 60577
A thousand thanks StarTech!!! My flywheel didn't have the N or the mark at 'b' but it had a single raised mark that I guessed was 'a'. Set it up per the diagram you sent and, after dropping the lifter pins a couple of times and putting them back in, put it back together. Started second pull and runs like a champ. Couldn't have done it without your help. Thanks Again!!