Export thread

Self Propelled Troy-Bilt Lawner?

E

eddie57

Hi, My Troy-Bilt Self Propelled Lawnmower, model #12AEA29L011, seems to me like it's not what it used to be. The mower is 10.5 years old. Engine seems to be in great shape. I have a very thick yard, (carpet grass). When I am cutting my yard and making a 90 degree turn I lift the front end of the lower and then after I turn, I lower the front end down and notice that at times the wheels won't spin. I had never noticed this before. On thinner grass I haven't noticed this issue before. Any comments on what maybe wrong are appreciated. Thank you

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

First thing I would suspect and check is the drive belt is slipping.
Part Number:954-04259A

E

eddie57

First thing I would suspect and check is the drive belt is slipping.
Part Number:954-04259A
I will check it out. Are they difficult to replace? I am willing to tackle just about anything.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Easy peasy if you're mechanically inclined.
Should be under a plastic cover going to the front of the mower

E

eddie57

Thank you very much.

E

eddie57

I just changed the belt. It was very easy. Removing and replace all the screws took the most time. I took my time and didn't use any power tools and it took me around 30 minutes. I haven't used it to cut the grass yet, but when I turned it on and put it in the propel gear to took off like a race car. Thanks again.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Great news, thanks for coming back and letting us know! It will help another owner in the future.

E

eddie57

Great news, thanks for coming back and letting us know! It will help another owner in the future.
You're very welcome.

E

eddie57

You're very welcome.
Hi I finally tried using my lawnmower after having replaced the belt. It seems to work well on low grass, but when I try cutting the front yard, which has carpet grass, it seems like it doesn't work as well. It will seem to work and then when I make a 90 degree turn and lift the front of the lawnmower and after making the turn I place the front wheels down on the grass they seem to stop spinning. I will lift it up a few times and the wheels will start spinning and then after doing this a few times the wheel will then seem to spin on the grass, but still not like it used to be. Any other suggestions? Thanks.