Export thread

Seat kill switch engaging with parking brake on

kramedt

kramedt

Hello, I recently bought a used Gravely pro turn 260. It runs great but I noticed that the seat safety kill switch shuts off the mower every time I get off the seat, even if the PTO is disengaged and the parking brake is on. Is this expected behavior and if not any ideas what could be causing it?

B

bertsmobile1

No it is not normal
Either the seat switch or brake switch or the wiring between them & any relays used in the circuit or the relays themselves has a fault .
To work through this we need your exact model number ( off the ID plate ) to get the correct wiring diagram

kramedt

kramedt

To work through this we need your exact model number ( off the ID plate ) to get the correct wiring diagram
Model# 992204

B

bertsmobile1

Looks like we need the serial number as well Gravley manuals

kramedt

kramedt

Looks like we need the serial number as well Gravley manuals
Thanks. I got it fixed. Knowing that wasn’t how it was supposed to work got me brave enough to start taking things apart. Looks like there was a mouse nest inside the control panel. Lots of grass and debris in there plus one exposed wire where it looks like they chewed off the insulation. I cleaned everything up and taped over the wire and it now stays running when I have the brake on.