SCAG TC2 issues 4 hours

tool172

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all,

Bought a TC2 last year new. At 2.5 hours the left hydro line blew off and leaked out and after the day I cut from the dealer my wife went out 5 days after first cut back and now error code 62? And what looks like a pool of oil on ground. Under the spring in the center behind the deck. Is this a lemon or normal break in? I can't believe the issues with under 10 hrs.

54 in deck, kholer command pro efi.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Warranty issues.
Low hours and a major problem. I’m with @bertsmobile1 . A complete refund or swap for a new machine should be done.
I can tell you it can be done. I’ve done before on a Gravely Pro Turn 160. My dealer allowed me 100% original price on a new Pro Turn 260. The problem was the garbage Yamaha engine.

Last edited:

tool172

Forum Newbie
Threads
Warranty issues.
Low hours and a major problem. I’m with @bertsmobile1 . A complete refund or swap for a new machine should be done.
I can tell you it can be done. I’ve done before on a Gravely Pro Turn 160. My dealer allowed me 100% original price on a new Pro Turn 260. The problem was the garbage

How full should hydro resevoir look? I don't think I've ever seen it.half full.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes they are always 1/2 full because they double as an expansion tank for the hot oil

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How full should hydro resevoir look? I don't think I've ever seen it.half full.
The reservoir should have marks on it indicating full cold and full hot. Always check and add fluid when it’s cold (before it’s ever cranked).
Since it threw an error code, you need to take it back to your dealer.

tool172

Forum Newbie
Threads
So once I looked it over from wife input. Engine is okay. Basically second time hydro system tossed the tank. 10 hrs on machine. I have them going over engine too

tool172

Forum Newbie
Threads
So the hydro tank had a crack from gromet inside bottom from factory. Replaced tank and gromet and on my way. Surprised that wasn't found first time.