Buckles

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Scag starts but immediately dies when start key is released
Why does my scag mower start but immediately die when start key is released

Bertrrr

Threads
Sounds like a bad ignition switch , after starter is engaged it should go back to On position sounds like it's going to off and grounding the coil

Buckles

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has new start switch .. first thing I suspected.... Where does the wire that is connected to the run position go..... I need an electrical diagram.

Bertrrr

Threads
I don't have access to the wiring diagram but one of the places the run wire goes is to the kill solenoid under the carb.

Buckles

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't have access to the wiring diagram but one of the places the run wire goes is to the kill solenoid under the carb.
Thanks.. will check it out... Neighbor said low oil sensor could be faulty... But can't find it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You know keeping the actual model a BIG secret makes it impossible for those that can help, help you. Also need the pn of the new switch make you had ordered the correct one. The model is require to even try to find the correct wiring schematics.

Buckles

Forum Newbie
Threads
You know keeping the actual model a BIG secret makes it impossible for those that can help, help you. Also need the pn of the new switch make you had ordered the correct one. The model is require to even try to find the correct wiring schematics.
Yes... You are right. I took the old switch to the Scag dealer and they matched it.. I also matched the pins and metered the positions... I mowed the yard with new switch. Stalled it in tall grass and it would not start and run there after.... I didn't have the model and serial handy when I first posted. Still don't but will post later...thanks for your response.