Scag Freedom Z or Patriot

LSMB

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have about .70 acres and was in the market for a Scag ZTR. I was going to get the Liberty or the Freedom Z because it’s really all I need but I have the opportunity to get the Patriot with a 61 inch deck and a Kawasaki engine for only 6600 dollars. It is a 8200 dollar mower. It’s a little much for what I am cutting but it’s a heck of a deal and I can’t decide what to do. Help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT will depend upon your yard
A 61 " deck will scalp badly when doing tight turns or on rough ground.
Then there are obstacles that are less then 63" apart .
A have sold dozens of 24" push mowers to customers where I have left it there because there was a long lead time before I could look at their mower.
All said to "take it back I will never use it "
About 1 in 5 then ask me who much for the mower as they found it gave a better cut & was faster than triming with the line trimer followed by mowign the close arewas wih their push mower followed by final mowing with the ride on .
Typically these are blocks from .5 to 2 acres.
Even more so for blocks with steep slopes because the 2 stroke mower can go where the 4 strokes can't and quite a few then found they could mow where they had previously been using the string trimer because of the extreme slope.
Add to the the super 24 is only 4" tall for 1/3 of the cutting circle so it can be used to mow under fences