Safety switch issues

tom1962

Forum Newbie
Threads
04 Troy built pony with rmc module ignition, got mower cheap can’t keep it running due to electrical issue that I feel is connected to the brake, seat and deck safety switches. The plunger switches on the brake and deck are 5 wire plunger switches that I’d like to bypass but not sure how.. any advise? It could be the rmc module as well as it doesn’t like to operate (I got the red light lit once, but not after that). Would really rather have a very simple start, stop system ..

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will not get a mower shop to give you instructions on bypassing the safety system. And some of those systems are a two way powered/non powered systems, that cannot be energized at the same time because some system have quirks that will cause electrical feedbacks that you don't want backfeeding. The RMC systems can do weird things sometimes. Strange question but do the headlights work. Early RMC systems required operating headlights for the system to work.

If the mower dies when the brake pedal or the PTO is engaged while on the seat would lean heavily to a seat switch circuit issue.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
04 Troy built pony with rmc module ignition, got mower cheap can’t keep it running due to electrical issue that I feel is connected to the brake, seat and deck safety switches. The plunger switches on the brake and deck are 5 wire plunger switches that I’d like to bypass but not sure how.. any advise? It could be the rmc module as well as it doesn’t like to operate (I got the red light lit once, but not after that). Would really rather have a very simple start, stop system ..
Take it to a real mower shop for repair.

Not going to get help here either on bypassing safety switches. Why?