Safe Storage in LiPo box/bag for EGO 5.0 Ah battery

hemstein

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have the EGO 5.0 Ah battery (fairly large battery) that came with my EGO blower. I also recently brought the power head and 3 attachments. I like all these products, but I am increasingly concerned about fire even if the battery is well cared for. It seems like a battery can still catch fire even if it is removed from the charger and tool. I have a garage but no basement or out buildings where I can put the battery. So, I have been looking at getting a fireproof LiPo bag or box so I have some peace of mind when I leave the house (especially for a weekend). Some of the bag/box testing videos show that some of these products are pretty much useless.
Can you recommend a fireproof bag or box for my LiPo battery that makes storage safe or at least safer?
Thank you.
hemstein

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Li batteries do not just spontaneously catch fire
They catch fire when bad chargers cause the membranes inside the battery to rupture so the two chemical can react with each other .
Sitting on the floor doing nothing is not a problem unless the floor gets to critical temperature which is 75C to 88C depending upon the actual chemistry of the battery.
OR some one directly short circuits the terminals ( got kids who like to make sparks ? ) or the battery is mechanically fractured .
Putting it inside anything will be of little to no use and can turn a fire hazard to an explosion hazard
So put it on some thing that will not burn, like a concrete floor or metal / ceramic sink and make sure there is nothing above it likely to catch fire and that any gasses generated can vent
I recharge my phones & cameras in the laundry and my power tools on the steel welding bench .
Most Li battery cases are made with indented terminals that can not be accidentially shorted by dropping some thing metal on them .