S125xt vs s200Xt.... help me decide.

diamatron

Threads
Since I am down to snappers, I will post this to their dedicated forum.

Went and met the Snapper Dealer and test drove the 2 units. And I have for sure decided its between the 2 Snappers.

s125 Kaw - $5100
s200 BS Turf - $6440

Tests drive I noticed how much more comfortable the premium seat is on the s200, and you can add the suspension plate for $200 if you want. I felt like the sound of the Kawasaki on the s125 was more pleasant, and for some reason the s125 felt more responsive with its steering. Is this just me, or the torque of the Kawasaki or maybe the 3400 are 'quicker'..... I don't know. Probably just me liking the Kawasaki!

So I am in Limbo between the two models. Both are going to mow my yard in the same time frame, and both will hold up to my 5 acre lot without issues.

Price of better seat on s125 - $350 aftermarket i think. You can a a full under seat mount suspension to s200 seat for $200, but its seat seemed pretty comfortable already.

Whats the input, Should I get less mower and great engine at a great price?

or, get a powerhouse mower with a hopefully not underpowered Briggs Engine that could have issues?

Looking forward to your input!

Rick

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Since I am down to snappers, I will post this to their dedicated forum.

Went and met the Snapper Dealer and test drove the 2 units. And I have for sure decided its between the 2 Snappers.

s125 Kaw - $5100
s200 BS Turf - $6440

Tests drive I noticed how much more comfortable the premium seat is on the s200, and you can add the suspension plate for $200 if you want. I felt like the sound of the Kawasaki on the s125 was more pleasant, and for some reason the s125 felt more responsive with its steering. Is this just me, or the torque of the Kawasaki or maybe the 3400 are 'quicker'..... I don't know. Probably just me liking the Kawasaki!

So I am in Limbo between the two models. Both are going to mow my yard in the same time frame, and both will hold up to my 5 acre lot without issues.

Price of better seat on s125 - $350 aftermarket i think. You can a a full under seat mount suspension to s200 seat for $200, but its seat seemed pretty comfortable already.

Whats the input, Should I get less mower and great engine at a great price?

or, get a powerhouse mower with a hopefully not underpowered Briggs Engine that could have issues?

Looking forward to your input!

Rick

You can get the suspension mount to go under the s125xt for 200 as well. Looking into getting that on my mower.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Pro turn 60 Briggs or Kawa
My Scag Tiger Cub came with a 26 Briggs Intek/ELS engine. At around 400 hours it started to sneeze at idle. long story short it had stuck rings on the L/H cylinder as a leakdown test indicated. I decided to replace it with a new 30 HP Briggs Professional Turf Series engine as this was the most economical direction to go. As I had the two engines together along with their parts manuals, I compared items as best I could without tearing down both engines. The first thing that I noticed was the intake manifold on the Pro Turf engine was an aluminum casting as compared to the plastic one on the ELS engine. Some of us are aware of the problems with the plastic manifold and I had replaced the one on my 26 ELS engine. The cooling system was much larger, the Cyclonic Air Filtration System looked to be a great improvement and I took it all apart to look it over. There were some external crankcase differences indicating internal changes which the parts manuals also indicated. These engines now have an engine oil cooler located where it gets some of the incoming cooling airflow passing thru it. This engine now has about 120 hours on it, it would have had more, but I am gradually decreasing the number of customers that I have and with the changeover to mulching rather than collection, the operating time has decreased. I'm pleased with this engine, it uses less fuel than the former 26 ELS engine and by far fewer air filter changes needed. At 100 hours I switched it over to full synthetic engine oil of the Briggs recommended viscosity. The oil consumption has stabilized, although wasn't very much, and without having to stop and empty the collection bags, I have operated this machine engine nonstop for up to 4 hours, and then only for a potty break or a refuel!!!
Bear in mind that I also have a Vanguard powered Ingersoll GT, an Intek powered wood chipper and a Hustler X-ONE with a Kawi FX730V engine, and I do limited service on power equipment, mostly generators in the last few years with the storms and power outages that have become more frequent.
Mad Mackie in CT

I found this post about the commercial turf engine on the gravely thread if that helps.

diamatron

Threads
You can get the suspension mount to go under the s125xt for 200 as well. Looking into getting that on my mower.

Which suspension seat do you have experience with? The premium gray and red with the insert underneath, or the black seat with suspension bijouterie in.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Which suspension seat do you have experience with? The premium gray and red with the insert underneath, or the black seat with suspension bijouterie in.

I will stay on the snapper thread for my replies from now on so we aren't double posting lol. Dads is the premium seat with the suspension insert. Tried it before and after. Mine is the black seat. The insert makes a big difference on his mower. My back hurts a little after mowing with my mower, but my lawn is rougher than his. I would get the insert for my mower now, but I recently bought my new house and just had baby #3. I will be spending extra money on diapers lol.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
The flat free front tires may not be standard, but I have never seen an s200xt that didn't have dual fuel tanks. I guess it is possible though. duel fuel tanks come standard on the s150xt 52", but mine is the 48" and only comes with one tank. You are very welcome by the way. I am glad I found this site. There are a lot of guys on here that have a great deal of knowledge. Let us know what you went with and how it goes once you are mowing your lawn with it.

shanelatiola

Forum Newbie
Threads
The flat free front tires may not be standard, but I have never seen an s200xt that didn't have dual fuel tanks. I guess it is possible though. duel fuel tanks come standard on the s150xt 52", but mine is the 48" and only comes with one tank. You are very welcome by the way. I am glad I found this site. There are a lot of guys on here that have a great deal of knowledge. Let us know what you went with and how it goes once you are mowing your lawn with it.

I bought a s200xt 61" with a 25.5 hp Kawasaki this summer. I was looking at a gravely but with the drivetrain offered on the Snapperpro s150xt and s200xt mowers I bought the Snapperpro. The gravely that would have been comparable to the snapper was $1,500 to $2,00 more here in South Louisiana. I have been Very very Satisfied with the quality of cut and solid feel of the mower. My model has 2 tanks and Run flat front tires. I understand they went back to air filled tires for next yrs model. And I can't forget to mention my Snapperpro dealer has the best service in my area..