Repairs RZ 4219 delay crank when turning key

mikec35

Threads
Can anyone tell me if this is by design or is there something wrong with my mower? It has about a 2 second delay before it starts to crank when you turn the key to start the mower. Anything I should be concerned about? Thanks

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can anyone tell me if this is by design or is there something wrong with my mower? It has about a 2 second delay before it starts to crank when you turn the key to start the mower. Anything I should be concerned about? Thanks

I have 2 husqvarna mowers that do the same thing. Been like this for years. Even when new in 07

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The problem you are posting is a common indication of a bad connection between the key switch S terminal and when it finally gets to ground. I would start checking at the solenoid. If you have a 3 post solenoid, make sure that you have a very clean and tight connection between the solenoid body and the chassis. If you have a 4 post solenoid, the ground wire from the solenoid should have a clean and tight connection to the chassis. Also, make sure that the battery ground and chassis connection is clean and tight. If all these connections are very clean and tight, you have are going to have to check every connection between the switch and the solenoid, which is not fun. What you are describing is a circuit where at some point the current cannot get across a connection and must build itself up to bust through or jump across a high resistance connection. Something as simple as dirt or paint between connectors or looseness will cause the problem.