RZ 4216

Michael7

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought this older machine. The seller could not figure out why the mower deck belt keeps coming off after disengaging the blades. I looked for an actual belt diagram for this old model but could not find one that is accurate to this specific model. I realize these are two separate issues but before I can determine why the belt is coming off, I need to be sure how it goes on. Any info on this model would be helpful.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First Husqvarna have all of their owners & parts books available on their web page
OZ manuals page
The belt is held on by both the pulley guards and 2 U shaped keepers which get bent & broken in use
They should be 1/8" to 1/4" away from the pulleys.
Part number # 43 in the diagram below
The 2 brake springs part # 42 provide the only tension on the belt
The whole set is is trash which is in keeping with the bulk of what Husqvarna makes now days.
If it is not made in the EU then Husqvarna products should be left on the shelf to rust .
The use of 2 pivoting idler pulleys is absolute trash engineering as tensioning pulleys should always be on the slackest belt run.

The only customer who had an RS tossed in in favour of a Greenfields Fast cut tractor style mower I loaned him when trying to fix his RZ.

RZ4216 deck.jpg