Ryobi ZT480E - No Movement, but blades turn on.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And I am glad that you kept us updated as to your progress and solution. It will help at least me in the future when one comes in with this problem. Besides you have already help me too as I now have the troubleshooting guide and know where to get the parts.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
That is your right to refuse but I think in the long run you will miss out on the initial learning phase. It better to learn when only a few these are around than when it is all that is out there.

It will not get to the point where all there is out there is battery equipment. I asked 2 of the local Stihl dealers while talking with them, what percentage of gas vs battery on handheld equipment they have. They both said 90% gas and 10% battery. This is after 2-3 years of pushing hard by the government, media, and big corporations for battery power. There are millions of pieces of gas powered equipment in the United States. I will be retired and out of small engines by the time all there is to work on is battery powered equipment (potentially). Meanwhile those evil dirty fossil fuels are churning and burning to make all the plastic, and the equipment itself, and powering the electricity to charge the battery. Happy Easter!

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Good Afternoon All,
I recently picked up a Ryobi ZT480E, the 75AH variant for relatively cheap. Everything appears to work, except for the motion. I've already ruled out the seat sensor as the blades will engage normally, but will not when the connection is removed. What's interesting is the beeping I hear from the Safety Interlock System only triggers when I move the left side control arm, but does not for the right side control arm. I am expecting the issue is either a limit switch or the accelerator on the right side, but neither part seems to have a part number in the diagrams. I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue or maybe a product specific diagnostic manual like the one J provided for the RY48110. Thanks for any experience you can share.

(As an aside, I do know the 75AH SLA are terrible and likely to die within a year. Once they do the plan is to replace with ~200AH of LiFePO4 and a 150A BMS)
We have had a warranty repair with similar issues which was the drive controller.

ford.brad

Threads
We have had a warranty repair with similar issues which was the drive controller.
I did also suspect that. For my particular issue I still had one working wheel so I did swap testing for the motor controllers and was able to verify that both controllers could run the known working motor. I did the same swap test on the control arms to verify they were providing correct feedback to the controller.