ryobi weed eater hard to start

torey69

Forum Newbie
I have a ryobi weed eater that all of a sudden last year it is very hard to start. it went from pulling 10 times to start to pulling 100 times to start. I'm whooped before I start weed whacking. I put a new muffler on it and a new spark plug but no improvement. Any ides for this 2 cycle engine?
 
I have a ryobi weed eater that all of a sudden last year it is very hard to start. it went from pulling 10 times to start to pulling 100 times to start. I'm whooped before I start weed whacking. I put a new muffler on it and a new spark plug but no improvement. Any ides for this 2 cycle engine?

When you put a new muffler on it did you clean the carbon out? Also clean carb, heat sinks, and anything else that is dirty. Starting problems for me are usually spark plug or coil
 
Check the fuel lines and primer bulb for cracks. Look in the tank an see the fuel line is intact. There should be a filter on the end of it, this should be replaced periodically.
 
After trying everything suggestion, and if it doesn't improve, check the compression. If below 90 its toast.
 
Back
Top