Ryobi saga solved?

Sassyspy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not sure. But my next door neighbor came over to look at it. He couldn't see any glaring issue, so he took it for a spin.
Well to my utter embarrassment it didn't stall even once.
I got on and within 50 ft I stalled out. Neighbor was laughing said I bounced around so much my ass barely touched the seat. Light bulb goes off in my head about the Ryobi safety feature that cuts power if it determines no one is on the seat.
There's supposed to be a 5 second window for the mower to make that determination. I've no idea if 5 seconds elapsed but I do know I'm 5ft tall and 100 pounds. I don't think the mower EVER thinks I'm in the seat. It's embarrassing for the problem to be something so stupid. And something I really can't solve unless I want to eat at McDonald's every day! I never eat fast food.
Now I'm trying to find out how I can disable that feature. I'm sure it would void my warranty but what else can I do?
I also think Ryobi is very stupid if they set that weight for more than 100 pounds.
My other option is to put something heavy on the seat that's not uncomfortable to sit on.
Ideas? Suggestions?
I really appreciate this forum since I am currently learning my way through many power tools, and it really has to be 'dumbed down' for me.
So thanks for being here!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Depending the set switch system used it can be a bad switch. I have seen this even on large JD ZTRs where the operator position change due to the mowing conditions.

Wound need the mowers model number to see which switch style is in use.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have a seatbelt on that mower? If so, try using it and cinching it down good and tight.

Charlie8d

Threads
Darn ! These mowers ride rough & as small as you are, I can see that you would have a hard time keeping enough pressure on the switch bouncing around when cutting grass. The seat switch could be bad [ too sensitive ], & a new one may help, but I am unsure. Please do not start eating a lot of junk food !