Ryobi RM480E 38" riding mower won't move!

rlbindy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I wonder if anyone still have the repair manual that can share with me? Mine starts fine, but it stop and beeps after few sec and the The letter H at the digital display blinks. I noticed if it move very slow without making the letter H blinks, it can move further.
I wonder if it is related to the speed sensor or temperature sensor mentioned earlier in this thread. I tested the seat sensor with the multimeter and it seems fine,
See my post. It's got a link to the troubleshooting manual.

shucker mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Joining the chorus: Mower blades spin, but the mower wont move. Its ~3.5 years old. From reading the above, I'm thinking its the drive motor controller or the speed switch controller. Does anyone have troubleshooting guides for those two parts? Would like to put a multi-meter on them before I throw parts at this thing.
Hello DR. Foo - I have the same problem - fully charged, blades spin, not accelerator response, Ryobi service tech emailed me the procedure to check the accelerator transducer and transducer cable. In my situation the cable did not show the correct voltage. The Tech thinks it is the motor controller board. It would be nice if it is something else.

My mower is just past the 3 year mark, 101 hours, needs new batteries, may not be worth the batteries and repair bill.