Ryobi pressure washer quits when turned to Run

Old Rancher

Forum Newbie
Threads
I probably did this to myself. I left my Ryobi 2700 pressure washer over the Winter with gas in it. When I tried to start it it wouldn't run at all for a while. I pulled the carb off and cleaned everything I could see. Not much there, really, and it would start well while on Choke but turn it to Run and it dies immediately. I figure the main jet or whatever ports gas into the intake is clogged but I'm not sure exactly where to find it. On the float bowl there are two screws. One to drain the bowl and the other holds the bowl on. The screw that holds the bowl on threads into a cylinder that appears to have an adjustable jet in the top of it so I tried opening it up (screwing the jet to the left to what I thought would open it a little) a little to see if that would change the situation but it did not. Here's a picture of the bowl:

IMG_1270.JPG
Several people have identified their Ryobi washers as having a Honda engine on them but I don't see any Honda insignia on mine. Has anyone had any success with this type of problem? The engine has fresh gas in it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That jet is removable. After you remove it the nozzle will come out, which will probably be clogged. Sometimes they just drop out, other times you need to work at getting them out.

Old Rancher

Forum Newbie
Threads
That jet is removable. After you remove it the nozzle will come out, which will probably be clogged. Sometimes they just drop out, other times you need to work at getting them out.
Ok, it'll probably be Saturday before I can mess with it again. How do you clean them? I have some welding torch tip cleaners, would that be appropriate?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would never, never, ever use tip cleaners to open jets on carbs. They are files and could very easily enlarge the jet creating problems. Use a piece of solid wire, (tag wire, piano wire, guitar wire) to open them after soaking.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ok, it'll probably be Saturday before I can mess with it again. How do you clean them? I have some welding torch tip cleaners, would that be appropriate?
Doubling up on the good advice from Rivets
And because they are files you can easily make the hole oval which will really suff up the flow
I use micro drill bits rolled between my fingers and not held in a pin vice in lest you end up actually drilling the brass

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use micro drills also, with a pin vice, but I have 20+ years of practice. Yes, I’ve had to learn how from my mistakes, plus make sure I have good sharp industrial bits, which cost me $5.00 each.