Ryobi Gas Pressure Washer Advice Needed

shurguywutt

Threads
Good morning gents, I have a 2015 Ryobi RY80940B (Honda GCV190)- SN 0A15074D060170 pressure washer that needs some attention. I used it about 2 months ago and it worked fine. When I went to use it the other day it started surging at idle but worked fine when I squeezed the wand handle so I used it to clean a couple mats. Eventually it just stayed locked at high pressure even when I released the wand handle. I figured this was bad for the pump so I shut it off to think about it. I figured the carb was probably dirty even though I use non ethanol fuel only in this unit. So I started to take the carb off and all of the gaskets and insulators all fell off and I don't remember the order they go in lol. Anyways, after doing some investigation online it appears not only could the carb be dirty but there is also a valve on the bottom of the pump that is secured by a jam nut that loosens over time and messes with the pump's load on the engine. This could have been causing my problem from the beginning. Anyways, I am just looking for some advice on how I should proceed from the experts here. There is not really any good info about how to set this valve that I could find. Also I couldn't find a good diagram on the order that all of the gaskets/insulators go so any help on that would be helpful too! Thank you in advance!

Bertrrr

Threads
Think I would uncouple the engine from the pump first and tackle that issue - the pump can come later-
the fact that it was surging while running with no / load indicates the governor hunting which points to dirty fuel/ carb etc.
If you can't find a manual or parts break down on line I'd get another carburator and keep the old one for a spare.
They are pretty reasonable to purchase.
As for your pump- when you release the trigger - it should go into by-pass by way of the relief valve which is usually mounted on the pump - sounds like it's stuck - post some pics if you can

beatleswmc01

Forum Newbie
Threads
There may be service manuals available online. For getting the parts back on in the right order, engine parts breakdowns will be able to help (PartsTree is a good one for when you don’t have commercial access to breakdowns). Remember to try to avoid buying parts until you have things properly diagnosed, saves a lot of headaches but in your situation you’re probably not totaled.

shurguywutt

Threads
Would only run on choke so I cleaned the carb and got it to idle ok. I am having a problem with the 'throttle down' now. When I pull the trigger it gets locked into high pressure flow (doesn't matter if you pull the trigger or not). Not sure how to get it to idle down. There is a throttle cable that attaches from the governor to the pump (like a pressure plunger type device that moves the gov). I was suspecting it may be getting locked up in the pump. After I removed the retaining clip I can't get the plunger(??) out of the pump. I have sprayed it with pen oil and tried to work it with a vice grip. No dice.

Am I going in the right direction here? Thanks for any ideas