Ryobi 48V 30 Inch Ride On - Failure to move and failure to keep blades spinning.

kevinlegger

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Ryobi 48V 30 Inch Ride On - Failure to move and failure to keep blades spinning.
Hello,

During last mowing season, by mower suffered a gradual degradation in performance. I would be able to cut less and less of my yard before it would give up. This was not connected to the discharging of the battery, as confirmed with the use of a multimeter. Each time the mower would eventually die it would make high pitched beeps as it did so. Now it will only move inches before stopping and beeping, and only rotate the blades a few times before stopping, though no beeping occurs when the blades stop.

Ryobi support was helpful over the phone in testing the battery but now advises just to take it into a warranty certified shop, the closest of which is 90 min away.

May I ask if anyone has an idea of which component is failing so I might replace myself? I've a link here to a couple of videos with the symptoms, videos too large for the posting

Thank you all for your help and time.

Cheers,

Kevin Egger,
Oologah, OK

Bertrrr

Threads
  • / Ryobi 48V 30 Inch Ride On - Failure to move and failure to keep blades spinning.
EV world aint all it's cracked up to be , Everyone going to be disappointed in my opinion