RX95 carb problem

captfrank

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a rx95 with a 12.5hp Kawasaki. Had a problem right after I got it (used) and the dealer said carb bad. $350 for a new one, ouch. Ran fine for a couple years now but having same issue again. It either while running has fuel running out of the carb overflow tube or will not stay running/barley runs and if you put in gear to switch blade on it stalls. I'm fairly sure it's the float. I took it apart and did not look all that bad but used carb cleaner on it. But I could see an area in the bowl where i guess the float was rubbing. I polished bowl but no help. The carb has a fuel solenoid. With key on and disconnect wire I hear a click so I think that's working. I think the bowl might be rubbing and hanging as some times it works just fine but usually best if I go fast and bounce around as if I go slow it either pours gas out or stales out.

Frank

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
cap, you did not mention float setting or needle/seat. Shake float for punctue (brass solder up style?) If hollow it could be full of gass and sinking. The float setting determines gas level avail to jet take-up. Needle cannot have a ridge detectible with finger nail. Needle and seat always replace as set. $300 is beyong my imagination for a carb. Maybe the Pro's here will respond.