RX75 drive train?

frankr

Forum Newbie
Threads
I posted a similar problem a while back where my RX75 stopped moving except in 7th speed. At that time there was a lot of smoke and screeching and took it to the local JD shop and paid a fortune (more than the mower is worth) to fix it. Seems there were a number of wear and tear issues. They replaced the belts and virtually all of the sheaves, tuned it up, and it's been working great. Except for yesterday. Same thing happened. Going along fine, shifted to neutral for a couple of minutes, and then nothing! Won't move unless I put in in 7th speed. However this time, the engine is running fine; the mower deck will engage, everything looks to be fine except it won't move. I know nothing about the power train on this mower, but am I correct that it's just a "belt"? I found some information on another site on how to replace it, but it recommends having a professional do it if we're talking about the drive-belt. Could it be something has come loose? (some type of tensioner or something on the belt?). Anyway, gonna run out and get a cheap garage jack and put the mower up on cinder blocks and based on the diagrams, I should be able to see if the belt is even connected or tight. Any suggestions? Am I in over my head?