Chains & weights ROUGH RIDE

COWBOY1296

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought the Husqvarna YTH22V42 last last just to keep up with about 2-3 acreas at my home. My lawn is a 100% weeds and i only need to cut it once or twice a year. The terrain does not look that rough, but my lawn tractor bounces all over the place and I have to reduce my speed at least 50%. I am thinking that the rough ride is caused by the clumpy weeds which are neither tall or thick. Any suggestions on how to make the ride more smooth?

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
attachment.php
Other than getting rid of the weeds you can make sure your tires are not overinflated as this will make for a rough ride. Your seat seems to be well cushioned and equipped with springs. Decrease your speed to a comfortable level.

Attachments

• yth22v42-7a393974.png
    yth22v42-7a393974.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 35

COWBOY1296

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I never thought about tire inflation. Any suggestion on the on how many pounds to reduce it to?

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Per MTD:
Tire pressures are stated in Pounds per Square Inch (PSI) measure.

The factory settings for residential riding mower tires are generally:
10 PSI for rear tires
and
14 PSI for front tires.

But it's a good idea to always check the side wall of the tire itself, as the tires on a particular model may not always be standard equipment tires. The maximum tire pressure is embossed on each tire. This is the maximum tire pressure. Inflating tires to 2-3 PSI under the maximum is also acceptable. as long as the pressure in both front tires are the same and both rear tires are the same.

Owners should closely monitor tire pressures, especially during times of rapidly changing temperatures. Pneumatic tires may reduce in volume and pressure with changes in temperature. Bear in mind that smaller tires will be subject to a greater fluctuation in pressure as temperatures change.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• $_35.jpg
    $_35.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 31
  • m94ps3WOALSTxurpoUcgSwg.jpg
    m94ps3WOALSTxurpoUcgSwg.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 31

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run my ATV tires at 3 psi. I don't know why you couldn't run your mower tires at a lot lower pressure. You might have to put inter tube in them so they don't come off the bead is all but try it first.