Rough engine

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The valve lifts does not seams to have any problems. As for the compression, what causes that to be to high?
Carbon that is supposed to be cleaned out of the cylinder like every three years per the manual. Don't quote me on the three years, there is a specified time in your manual. Compression release not working.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Okay, so I ordered a repair kit from one website, and a new carburator from eBay. It took some time to arrive, but I finally got both. And yes, the main jet had fallen out of the original, because I though those parts was screwed in, which they normally are.

But it did not fix all problems. I now have a brand new carb from eBay, and the original that has been fixed using the repair kit. It runs fine and smooth, but ONLY with full choke on. This is regardless of the carb I use.
Is your tank clean? Remove the tank and flush it out with 80% ammonia and 20% water. Get all the rust and grass/dirt out. Let dry and spray with WD-40 to remove the water. Add fresh 100% gas.
Do you have good fuel flow AT the carb fuel inlet tube? Remove the hose and watch for a solid stream of gas.
R U running E10 gas?

Only running with the choke ON means the carb is starving for fuel. Pilot circuit possibly clogged. Carb still dirty.

Was this a Chinese Ebay carb? If so THAT might be your issue now. Get an OEM Briggs.

slomo

dbergloev

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is your tank clean? Remove the tank and flush it out with 80% ammonia and 20% water. Get all the rust and grass/dirt out. Let dry and spray with WD-40 to remove the water. Add fresh 100% gas.
Do you have good fuel flow AT the carb fuel inlet tube? Remove the hose and watch for a solid stream of gas.
R U running E10 gas?

Only running with the choke ON means the carb is starving for fuel. Pilot circuit possibly clogged. Carb still dirty.

Was this a Chinese Ebay carb? If so THAT might be your issue now. Get an OEM Briggs.

slomo

The tank is plastic, and it has been cleaned. I replaced the entire fuel line including the filter. It has fresh new E5 gasoline, and the flow to the carburator is fine. The problem is with both the eBay carb and the original one, both have been cleaned more than ones. I have also checked for air leeks and replaced all of the seals before and after the carb.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you actually seen that the choke is closed when running?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The tank is plastic, and it has been cleaned. I replaced the entire fuel line including the filter. It has fresh new E5 gasoline, and the flow to the carburator is fine. The problem is with both the eBay carb and the original one, both have been cleaned more than ones. I have also checked for air leeks and replaced all of the seals before and after the carb.
So if you have confirmed good fuel delivery, that leaves the Chiinese carb. I would say clean the old carb better or get a new OEM Briggs.

There are tiny passages inside that get clogged easily. Not just the main and pilot jets. Blow it out with compressed air both ways several times with emulsion tube removed and jets. Might have to put it in the dishwasher or ultrasonic cleaner. Soak it for a couple days in acetone or pure ammonia. Blow it out again with a purpose.

Confirm again with an unlit propane torch you have no vacuum leaks.

slomo

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does this engine have a fuel pump or is gravity fed direct from the tank?

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try a direct line from tank to carb, no filter or shut off.