Export thread

Robotic Mowers

J

JasonB

Hi

Just wondering if anyone is running the Robotic mowers like the Husquvarna version or Imow etc. I saw one
at a local show, looks neat but I am not ready to quite cutting grass in person yet. I realize this is likely
the future but I am not ready to give up my tractor seats for an automated mower.

The only ones I can see buying these mowers are A) elderly homeowners, B) people who have a hetic
lifestyle and no time to mow themselfs or C) people who are lazy and hate cutting grass.

I think they are neat to watch work and is amazing what new tech is out there, eventually that's all that will be\
avaliable but until I am forced to buy one, Il keep cutting grass with my mowers.

B

BlueGrass

I almost spit my soda at the computer screen when I read that you thought lazy people who hate mowing would probably buy this. I think it's funny because I was think the same thing. Although I can see people who have acres and acres of grass using this too but if you have a yard like mine then you would just do it yourself unless you were disabled in some way.

K

KennyV

My BIL in Phoenix has one and he loves it... so do the neighborhood kids. They are too much fun to watch... BUT I myself love mowing and hope I never see a need to have one.

He has the triple blade yellow one from these folks. http://www.robomow.com/videos/robomow/
KennyV

D

Danny2

I almost spit my soda at the computer screen when I read that you thought lazy people who hate mowing would probably buy this. I think it's funny because I was think the same thing. Although I can see people who have acres and acres of grass using this too but if you have a yard like mine then you would just do it yourself unless you were disabled in some way.

So, do you water your grass with a hose, or are you "too lazy" and you use sprinklers, do you ask your dishes by hand, or are you "too lazy" and you use a dishwasher, do you wash your clothes in a washtub, with a wash board, and hang them on a clothesline to dry, or are you "lazy" and use a washing machine and dryer. Just because someone wishes to find a better way of doing something monotonous, does not make them lazy, or disabled. You personally may find grass cutting enjoyable, but I can assure you, most people do not.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

The following thread is all about the Husqvarna robotic mower: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/1718-husqvarna-automower.html