Riding or walk behind?

Freddie21

Threads
Might an AWD push mower be a solution. Such as a:

Toro 22′′ Personal Pace All Wheel Drive 163cc Briggs Walk Mower​

GearHead36

Threads
I would 2nd (or 3rd or whatever) the recommendation for a Toro Recycler. I had an MTD riding mower with a 36" deck, I think, and I bought a Recycler to replace it when I moved to a property (around 1/3 acre, as I recall) with hills that were marginal for the MTD. I couldn't mow across the hills with the rider. I had to mow straight up the hill, reverse back down the hill, repeat. The Recycler was only slightly slower than the rider, as I could mow up, down, or across the hills. The nice thing about Personal Pace is that it speeds up and slows down as you walk faster or slower, and the amount of force you have to apply is minimal. Mowing is almost like just taking a stroll around your property.

If you don't like that, I'd 2nd the recommendation for a Snapper Rear Engine Rider. I've never owned one, but I hear that they are very durable and reliable, and with the rear engine, might have better traction on the hills than what you have now. They're also less maintenance than most riding mowers.