REVERSE SHUTDOWN ISSUE

PLC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and having an issue with my Husqarna GTH2654T that I hope someone can help me with.
I have a belt driven front mount snowblower on my tractor. On Sundeay, I was blowing snow and I ran into some ice. It trough the drive belt for the blower off so I shut the tractor down and put the belt back on.
When I got back on the tractor, it would not start. Upon inspection, I found a 3 wire connection plug under the hood that was apart. I guess it was coincidence as ther is no way the belt oming off would have come in contact with the plug. I reconnected it and the tractor now started and ran properly.
The issue that I now have is that when I reverse the tractor by pushing the pedal down all the way with the blower engaged, the tractor engine quits. If I disengage the blower it will back up just fine and the engine doesn't quit. If I just push the reverse pedal just a bit with the blower running the tractor will back up sowly and the engine doesn't shut off.
I'm guessing that there is a safety switch somewhere that is not working properly but I can't find it.
Thanks in advance to anyone who may have an idea how to fix this.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I sure hope you the best of luck on this because that is what you will need. If I was working on this the first thing I would want is a wiring diagram. Its like a road map if you are lost in a strange city. I would say there is a reverse switch on the shift linkage and it is out of adjustment if I was guessing at this?

Threads
There should be a reverse operation switch down by the right side of the axle the wiring runs under the right fender, and plugs into the axle on the front side. If you look under the right side and see a wire where the mower deck lift bar goes across that should be it. Make sure it is plugged in good, and as mentioned check the one on the brake/ clutch too.

PLC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them both out but i still wonder why it works fine when the blower is turned off.
It has to be something to do with the PTO clutch or switch in my mind.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them both out but i still wonder why it works fine when the blower is turned off.
It has to be something to do with the PTO clutch or switch in my mind.

This is why you need a wiring Diagram. It will give you all these answers IF you know how to read it. The newer mowers with all the safety switches its more then a guessing game anymore. But don't believe me and keep wondering.

PLC

Forum Newbie
Threads
There should be a reverse operation switch down by the right side of the axle the wiring runs under the right fender, and plugs into the axle on the front side. If you look under the right side and see a wire where the mower deck lift bar goes across that should be it. Make sure it is plugged in good, and as mentioned check the one on the brake/ clutch too.

WJ you lead me in the right direction. My tractor has a safety switch on the forward
/reverse linkage just ahead of the rear axle. I took the plug apart and put a jumper wire across the plug. The tractor worked properly. I checked the switch positioning and it is in the right location where it meets up with the linkage. I will get a new switch to install when the weather gets warmer (it was -22 degrees F. with the wind chill yesterday) but will run it with the jumper wire till then.
Thanks for the help!

Threads
WJ you lead me in the right direction. My tractor has a safety switch on the forward
/reverse linkage just ahead of the rear axle. I took the plug apart and put a jumper wire across the plug. The tractor worked properly. I checked the switch positioning and it is in the right location where it meets up with the linkage. I will get a new switch to install when the weather gets warmer (it was -22 degrees F. with the wind chill yesterday) but will run it with the jumper wire till then.
Thanks for the help!

It should run with the jumper but I would replace it a.s.a.p. I like to leave as many safeties in place as I can for that just in case moment when you wish it was there.