replacment for carb 640020.

pete g

Threads
i just ordered the above carb. it came with a metal shield? what is this for and how do you install it? thanks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post Make ( Craftsman, B&S, Kohler, Kawasaki, Honda ) Model & Serial #'s from engine & tractor etc., The metal shield is possibly a heat shield.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pete, did you read mechanic mark’s post #2? Also, post pictures of the shield, as there a a couple of different types of shields and Covid has knocked out the ESP of all the techs on this site. We need a better understanding of what you have before making good suggestions.

pete g

Threads
its the metal piece that is shown in most ads for 640020 carb .

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ok, you win. I’m not wasting any more of my time on this thread. WHY? You give us a carb number, we ask for more info to try to help you. You refuse!!! Do I know if you have the correct carb for your engine? NO. Can I look up what carb you need? NO. You want us to tell you how to install a metal shield, but we have NO idea what you are installing it on. Hopefully another tech whose psychic powers are working will come along to help someone who refuses to help themselves. If I were a DIY guy like you I would either mount it between the carb and block, or file it in the garbage can.

pete g

Threads
the 640020 is the correct carb for the tecumseh VLV mower. i did mount it on the engine, but just wanted to check if i did it correctly. sorry, you got upset.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If what I seen it is a heat shield for the carburetor.