Repairs Replacing the grass chute on a John Deere LT160

kd4pbj

Forum Newbie
Hi,

I have a LT160 with a broken chute. I purchased a replacement from the Deere Dealer, and am ready to install it.
I noticed that there is a gold colored curved rod that holds it in place and allows it to swing up and down for access to the blades.
Does anyone know how to remove the rod so I can replace the chute?
Thanks in advance.

Chris
 
It looks like it is a long bolt wit a nut. Just unscrew and pull. Springs make it tough. Take pictures so you know how to put it back together.
 
Chris
On the small end of the rod there is a roll pin that is pressed into the hole, unfortunately you cannot drive it out since there is no room, so grab one end with vise grips and while you are pulling it out twist it left to right and it will come right out.
When you change out everything re-install it same way and you will be fine.
 
Back
Top