Replacing belt on Lawnboy 10302

EdBrown

Threads
I fix a few things on my Lawnboy, but certainly not an experience mechanic. I think I need to replace the self-propelled belt, and wanted some advice.

Can anyone give me some tips on best way to do this? Many thanks.
Ed

jimmyf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you ever recieve an answer? I am attempting to change a belt on a LB 10642 for a neighbor (her husband is deployed) and no one seems to have an answer. I guess its either really too easy an answer to post or very difficult and no one can answer.

EdBrown

Threads
No, did not receive any answer. I am not a small engine mechanic, but can fix a few things. Replacing the belt may be over my head. Believe I will get a friend to do it.

jimmyf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. Same with me. I am just trying to assist a neighbor. (I own a snapper rider. They seem to be MUCH easier to work on)

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks. Same with me. I am just trying to assist a neighbor. (I own a snapper rider. They seem to be MUCH easier to work on)

I'm surprised that any riding mower would be easier to work on than one of these old LBs.

Maybe a photo might help us figure this out. I'm thinking that a belt replacement can't be that hard but the 4-cycle engine on the 10302 means that few (or none :laughing: ) of the hobbyists here will have a mower like that.