Regent 44" Throwing belts

ncl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model: 2690575
Serial: 2013606872

I picked up this mower hoping to gift it to my Sister-in-law (who hopes to start mowing her own yard) but it keeps throwing belts and it kicking my butt.

The deck seems to move laterally a LOT, but I haven't ever used a Simplicity with a Free Floating Deck. There is evidence of the of the deck mount hitting the PTO pulley on the drivers side - so that makes me think it is moving too much.

I have replaced the belt with the following, as I am unable to find OEM. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AGPXV6S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details. Both this and the belt it came with behave the same. I have attempted to replace the tensioner pulley, but haven't been able to find the correct part yet. FWIW, a similar spring with the incorrect ends seems to have similar tension, so I don't think the spring is the issue.

The Tensioner pulley mount does allowsome up/down play. More that I would expect. All parts are installed correctly based on the attached diagram. It almost seems like the spacer is taller than the thickness of the idler arm - which is allowing for that up/down motion.

All Blade pulleys sound good when spun by hand and have no play.

The front axle (to which the deck is mounted via the "quick-hitch" system) has some play at the bushing where it is mounted to the frame, but doesn't seem to be the source of most of the deck's lateral movement.

I have gone through and torqued all bolts on the mounting system. Several were loose and may have They do seem to have a little play, not sure what to expect as there are bushings that appear to be designed to allow some movement.

Any suggestions are appreciated - this nice gesture is kicking my tail.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 8.13.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 8.13.33 PM.png
    441.4 KB · Views: 5