Recommendations for starting a Lawn Care Service

dshoffman77

Threads
I'm looking to start a small lawn business, grass cutting, trimming and maybe seeding and fertilization.

Are there any rules of thumb that former or current business owners can provide me?

* Price/Acre Commercial
* Price/Acre (or min) for Residencial

Thanks,

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm looking to start a small lawn business, grass cutting, trimming and maybe seeding and fertilization.

Are there any rules of thumb that former or current business owners can provide me?

* Price/Acre Commercial
* Price/Acre (or min) for Residential

Thanks,

That's a good question. The problem with getting the answer is going to be hard because the pricing structure will or can vary so much depending on your location, how many lawns you'll be doing or how large a business you'll have, equipment that's involved. A good rule of thumb would be to look for an hourly wage of some where between 60 to 80 an hour. I charge by the cut, any where from $17.50 to $40.00 that will pretty much cover my overhead and pay all the bills.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

* Price/Acre Commercial
* Price/Acre (or min) for Residencial

Thanks,

This is an unfair question for so many reasons. Mostly because no one can give you a correct answer to many varibles. So here are a couple questions for you.
1) go on craigslist and get an idea what people are charging in your area you will find regulars and lowballers beware the low baller
2) what type of truck, trailer, and equipment are you running and planning on running?
3) are you licenced and paying your taxes?
4) what is your time worth to you? What would you like to make?
5) what's your plans for marketing?

dshoffman77

Threads
This is an unfair question for so many reasons. Mostly because no one can give you a correct answer to many varibles. So here are a couple questions for you.
1) go on craigslist and get an idea what people are charging in your area you will find regulars and lowballers beware the low baller
2) what type of truck, trailer, and equipment are you running and planning on running?
3) are you licenced and paying your taxes?
4) what is your time worth to you? What would you like to make?
5) what's your plans for marketing?

Didnt mean to make it an unfair question and in hindsight, I can see how that can be interpreted that way. I just didnt know if there were "rules of thumb".

I will use your questions as a starting point.

Thanks,

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Didnt mean to make it an unfair question and in hindsight, I can see how that can be interpreted that way. I just didnt know if there were "rules of thumb".

I will use your questions as a starting point.

Thanks,

Are you going to be a solo operator or have someone working with you?