Recommendation for a Zero-Turn as a Gift

AdamE

Threads
I'd start with what's sold in your son's area. Narrow it down from there. Having the dealer nearby can be pretty handy.

MarkNooris

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know a couple of good farm and garden equipment stores, but they sell only new machine. There is no need to buy a new lawnmower. You can order a used lawnmower on eBay and use a discount card. That way, you can save money. There are other online stores where you can order good quality used lawnmower. If you're interested, text me, and I'll tell you more.

Last edited:

Chevychopper

Threads
If you're buying anything with a stamped deck....you're just wasting your time and money .. drop a couple $$$ and get a fab deck .
That's what I would start with

Tdj2591

Threads
I would take a serious look at the Toro Timecutter. I would stay away from any from any unit built by MTD, as they are built mainly for the low end big box stores, but could have a major brand name such as TroyBilt, Cub Cadet and Craftsman. Finally, please buy from a reputable dealer.
I agree with Rivets. My Timecutter is 12 years old, twin Kawasaki, no problems though I do store it inside my garage. I had an MTD employee tell me that their products are cheaply made and don’t hold up (made locally). They make a lot of well-known brands as Rivets said. Stanley B&D recently bought MTD. My son mows his 3+ acres with an Ariens which he loves.

Does your son really need a commercial grade to mow one acre? Budget is a limiting factor if buying new.

Harryrayde

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last year I bought a Makita ELM4621 and was delighted with it. Of course, a 32-kilogram lawn mower cannot be called lightweight, but an 1800-watt motor allows it to work hard. The width of the strip is 46 cm, the eight–stage height adjustment is almost standard – from 20 to 75 mm, while the grass collector has a decent volume of 60 liters. Are you sure it's worth buying such an important technique without your son? For example, at a housewarming party, you can give him a gift basket and go to the store with him so that he can describe to the seller more accurate characteristics of the lawn mower.

Last edited: