Export thread

Reason for very noisy ZT2800's ?

R

robert

Here is something for the smart people here; I bought a new Exmark Quest, last years model because it had the ZT2800 drives as compared to this years ZT2100?-no external filters and positively sintered gears (still waiting to hear if the 2800 have steel) plus a fab deck compared to a stamped deck fo this year. I was willing to give up the Kawasaki-at the time-for the drives and deck and risk the Briggs Intek ELS.

The mower, dealer and Exmark themselves have been hugely disappointing-at 2.9 hours the starter solinoid failed, the drives scream intermittently, the cut is horrible, the engine smokes on start up and the dealer made no effort at all to get it back to me quickly, and it seems that Exmark does not want to know anything about anything....

But on to my topic, yesterday while trying to figure out why the starter won't engage (it made it another 3/4 of an hour, I took off the cap to the hydro overflow and noticed about 4 very dark spots, dime sized, in the bottom of the container, suspecting water I went and put some water detecting paste on a stick and low and behold the spots are indeed moisture.

The frustrating part of this is that the dealer was supposed to have sold me a crated model because I do not knowingly buy power equipment which has been stored outside, uncovered for this very reason. Since it was brought home it has not seen a drop of rain water nor has it been washed or even rinsed off....

So I ask if I have a significant amount of water in the small tank is it likely that I have more in the system/drives and if this may be the cause or a contributing factor for the screaming?

B

Black Bart

Sounds like you just found your problem oil lubs better than water. :biggrin:

K

KennyV

Well robert... around here it can get rather humid... don't know about your location 'wrong place,wrong time', but over time you can condense a bit of moisture in the system... Hydros will get hot but usually run under 200 degrees.. If you can drain or pump it out and replace the oil... :smile:KennyV

R

robert

Kenny, I cannot see the amount of moisture visible in the small overflow tank as being condensation but I am not the smartest person in the world-to condense inside the system would require a significant DT with operating and storage temps-my money is on contamination from being left outside or, I suppose, hydro lube contamination at installation-but that would be unlikely.

But again, if I knew of what I speak I wouldn't be broke....

E

Exmark1

If you continue to have problems please contact Exmark Customer Serivce at 402-223-6300 so they can help you trouble shoot and find a solution.

R

robert

Exmark1, now that is funny-I have been told that Exmark does not want to know anything about anything, still waiting to hear if the dealer will help me out and I haven't heard from them EITHER.

As I have posted, buying an Exmark was a very bad decision.

K

KennyV

If you continue to have problems please contact Exmark Customer Serivce at 402-223-6300 so they can help you trouble shoot and find a solution.

Welcome to LawnMowerForum....
Are you with Exmark?
If you are ... I am glad to see that you follow the posts on mowers...
In any case, I see you have Exmark as your mower... you can definitely comment on the make... :smile:KennyV

G

Giles

Years ago, I had a similar but more serious problem with a new Gilson Lawn Tractor. The selling dealer would pick up the machine at his convenience and would keep it for two to three weeks. They would return the mower with the same PROBLEMS:mad:
He even replaced the carburetor with a USED one:mad:
I demanded a new mower or my money back and they refused.
I don't know how it is handled today, but at the time the BBB required that I fill out a complaint form that they mailed to me.
I filled out the form, sent it to them, and within a couple of weeks, the dealer called and asked what I wanted.
I got a FULL refund and bought a Wheelhorse, 30 years ago, and used it today.:thumbsup:
I don't know how BBB works today, but they got my money back many years ago:thumbsup::thumbsup:

K

KennyV

Don't count on the BBB to have much clout today... There are too many problems with their complaint resolution system... :smile:KennyV

R

robert

While doing some yard work last summer two guys came into the yard and started giving me a sales pitch on spray on attic insulation, not wanting to be rude I listened for a while until they came to the 30%fuel savings. I asked what the 'guarantee' specifically stated and of course they did not have a copy of it to show me.

That afternoon I logged on to our local BBB site and found that this comany had more than a few complaints against them, the typical stuff BUT also a few on failure to honor warranty and two referencing 'collection' and billing complaints-apparently this firm did their own financing.

The rating for this scum bag firm was the highest available.

That week I heard a news report on the allegations that the BBB SELLS ratings, imagine that.

B

Black Bart

While doing some yard work last summer two guys came into the yard and started giving me a sales pitch on spray on attic insulation, not wanting to be rude I listened for a while until they came to the 30%fuel savings. I asked what the 'guarantee' specifically stated and of course they did not have a copy of it to show me.

That afternoon I logged on to our local BBB site and found that this comany had more than a few complaints against them, the typical stuff BUT also a few on failure to honor warranty and two referencing 'collection' and billing complaints-apparently this firm did their own financing.

The rating for this scum bag firm was the highest available.

That week I heard a news report on the allegations that the BBB SELLS ratings, imagine that.

The BBB is like the AARP only in it for the money.

R

robert

BlackBart, agreed and the recreational vehicle industry is right in this also, the RVIA sticker on a coach is meant to assure (dupe) buyers that the motorhome/rv was built to certain standards and this is most assuredly NOT the case.

In fairness to Exmark, many thousands of people; mostly pros- are very happy with the product, which of course would mean that the Company has only a small number of customers who are in need of unusual support and herein lies the fact that everyone needs to know about the Company.

This is why I believe that it is fair and reasonable to have made the comments about Exmark not giving a hoot.

Or, again in fairness to -Exmark-, perhaps this is what happens when firms are gobbled up by others-by this I mean: if Exmark were only Exmark again maybe things would be different, Toro may be the real issue.

Thoughts?

G

Giles

I don't care how well others were treated as much as how I am treated. If you feel like you have been misrepesented, you have the choice to do something about it.
Money and time are too important for a purchaser to have to make or pay for repairs shortly after purchasing--especially with a NEW product. Too many people, today, just accept bad service and pay.:mad:
I know after buying a KUBOTA zero turn mower, that they have a somewhat poor customer relations, although I have not been misrepesented, I suspect I eventually will.
If I had read the negative and positive comments concerning Kubota equipment, I would not have bought the machine:thumbdown:

B

Black Bart

BlackBart, agreed and the recreational vehicle industry is right in this also, the RVIA sticker on a coach is meant to assure (dupe) buyers that the motorhome/rv was built to certain standards and this is most assuredly NOT the case.

In fairness to Exmark, many thousands of people; mostly pros- are very happy with the product, which of course would mean that the Company has only a small number of customers who are in need of unusual support and herein lies the fact that everyone needs to know about the Company.

This is why I believe that it is fair and reasonable to have made the comments about Exmark not giving a hoot.

Or, again in fairness to -Exmark-, perhaps this is what happens when firms are gobbled up by others-by this I mean: if Exmark were only Exmark again maybe things would be different, Toro may be the real issue.

Thoughts?
Down through the years I have had some problems with new things and I found that the problem was with the dealer.

Years ago I had a problem with a new Ford truck I called Ford the district rep got fired the dealer got a real dressing down and I got my truck fixed.

I went through the same thing with Mercury outboard it is a long story but after I got done with talking to the factory I got my engines fixed and the dealer lost his dealership they gave this area to another dealer.

I would be calling the factory and if that don't work call and ask to speak to the head of consumer relations someone has got to help resolve your issues.

Jetblast

Jetblast

Thoughts?

Can you talk about the conversations you've had with Exmark, and what they said to you that left you feeling like they don't care about their customers? I might be very helpful to those looking toward them for their next purchase.

Coyote Machine

Coyote Machine

Have you written a letter to Exmark Corporate headquarters? If not, I suggest doing so and send it so that you get a record of it having been received by them. Explain your utter frustration with your dealer and Exmark, and tell them what you want in return for your hard earned money. Keep it civil, but let them know how you feel as their customer.
This may be your best/only chance of some satisfaction. Phone calls often don't work these days but they can't dodge a letter.
Hope you find relief

B

Black Bart

I don't know what state you live in but if you have a state lemon law you may need to go that route but first you must make a sincere effort to get them to fix it.

Info that you have provided is too vague for anyone to give advice as what to do.

Have you considered going to another X Mark dealer.

E

Exmark1

Exmark1, now that is funny-I have been told that Exmark does not want to know anything about anything, still waiting to hear if the dealer will help me out and I haven't heard from them EITHER.

As I have posted, buying an Exmark was a very bad decision.

I am a representative of Exmark and we truly care about trying to help you resolve your issues. If you would prefer a member of our customer service team contact you instead of you calling the customer service number we provided, please send me your contact information along with the serial number of your unit to exmarkpr@exmark.com.

K

KennyV

I am a representative of Exmark and we truly care about trying to help you resolve your issues. If you would prefer a member of our customer service team contact you instead of you calling the customer service number we provided, please send me your contact information along with the serial number of your unit to exmarkpr@exmark.com.

You can not find a better offer than this... ever. :smile:KennyV

B

Black Bart

This supports what I posted earlier in this thread, When you have a problem it is nearly always the dealer.

When I contacted a manufacture I was always able to get my problems resolved.

They all have thinks go wrong but how they handle it is what counts.

Looks like the ball is in your court Robert call the man and tell him your problem. :thumbsup: