Rear Discharge

ttw

Forum Newbie
Threads
has anyone used a grasshopper rer discharge mower? I was considering buying one.

andmfg

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought one. So far so good. Love not having the side discharge and can trim on both sides.

Threads
Just bought one. So far so good. Love not having the side discharge and can trim on both sides.

Yeah, that is what I don't like about side-discharge mowers...you can only go one direction around the flower beds.

odonnepa

Forum Newbie
Threads

How does it do with thick tall grass? Does it get all over your rear tires and leave weird tracks?

ghper

Threads
We mow our Christmas tree farm with the Grasshopper rear discharge. The first deck we had was extremely loud and did not lay the grass out evenly. The newer design deck runs quiet and leaves no track or windrows of cut grass. The grass we cut is often 6-8 inches tall. We love this mower so much that I'm in the process of trying to trade in my JD 935 rear discharge for a 2nd Grasshopper that is identical to the other. For the life of me, I don't know why anyone would want a side discharge deck