Export thread

Rain rain rain

jekjr

jekjr

We were able to work two days last week. Right now it is the wettest I remember seeing it ever.

Carscw

Carscw

We were able to work two days last week. Right now it is the wettest I remember seeing it ever.

Man I hope we don't get rain like last year.

Q

QLMS

Mate,
I know how you feel.
Where I live we are coming into winter, so the weather is cooling down, which means less mowing needs to be done.
It rains about 240 days a year too, which doesnt help.
And even on the fine days, the ground is not dry enough to mow until around 11.30am from April til about November.
But, I love the work, and my customers are great people.

Phil H

exotion

exotion

We need some up here. Haven't gotten much moisture at all winter or spring

X-man

X-man

We've been getting plenty of rain here. I'm actually hoping that it dries up a little here.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Man I hope we don't get rain like last year.

I hear that....same here in middle TN!!! I was supposed to have my asphalt driveway widened and re-paved yesterday, but the storms coming through have postponed that until Friday. I barely got the lawn cut Sunday afternoon before the first wave of rain started:0)

jekjr

jekjr

We got to work some yesterday but it floodd last night and is starting back again........ Not a good week.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Yea, a lot of rain is coming! I am glad I have done all my dethatching jobs. I will probably start mowing next week.

What do you guys do when it rains? I tend to work if it is a drizzle, but if it's a downpoor, I just make sure my equipment is running good and go do some accounting.

Carscw

Carscw

Yea, a lot of rain is coming! I am glad I have done all my dethatching jobs. I will probably start mowing next week. What do you guys do when it rains? I tend to work if it is a drizzle, but if it's a downpoor, I just make sure my equipment is running good and go do some accounting.

Doing the foreclosed homes I will cut in the rain if it's not cold out.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

Doing the foreclosed homes I will cut in the rain if it's not cold out.

Good idea! I will probably do a mulching job in the light rain tomorrow.

Carscw

Carscw

Good idea! I will probably do a mulching job in the light rain tomorrow.

I hope the rain is gone tomorrow. I have 4 yards that was late today plus 7 due tomorrow. 11 yards is not bad. But in the rain and wet grass slows me down.

jekjr

jekjr

Rain yesterday Lillian Al got 20.2" yesterday. Mobile got 11.1" Pensacola got 11.2" and the measuring gauge broke before midnight so it was more than that really according to the weather just a few minutes ago.

davbell22602

davbell22602

Its been raining here since Monday night. Supposed to start clearing and drying up here tomorrow.

exotion

exotion

None here... We got 3" last week for one day... Inland northwest is turning into a desert

Carscw

Carscw

I am just tired of the rain. That's all it has fine here for two years

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

I hope the rain is gone tomorrow. I have 4 yards that was late today plus 7 due tomorrow. 11 yards is not bad. But in the rain and wet grass slows me down.

I feel you! Mowing in a drizzle or very wet grass is no fun. Luckily my YBravo bangs yards all day with wet grass leaving a good cut. I love that mower!
I did a mulching job yesterday in light rain. It wasn't too bad, but wasn't fun too clean up afterwards.

X-man

X-man

Doesn't mowing wet grass dull your blades faster?

Carscw

Carscw

I think it does. But sometimes just have to cut wet grass or not work.

X-man

X-man

I think it does. But sometimes just have to cut wet grass or not work.

Yeah I know. I just always have people telling me to avoid mowing before 10 AM (because of the dew) so I don't wear down my blades faster. I start mowing at 8 AM anyways.

Carscw

Carscw

If you have real nice fancy grass. Never cut till the dew is gone.

I am not sure if it really dulls the blades any faster. Heck only takes a couple mins to sharping them

L

LoCo86

I believe that it's not that the grass is wet that is causing the blades to dull faster it's the clumps of grass that accumulate and get packed under your mower before breaking loose and that hard packed clump hits the blades.

X-man

X-man

If you have real nice fancy grass. Never cut till the dew is gone.

I am not sure if it really dulls the blades any faster. Heck only takes a couple mins to sharping them

Just plain ol' grass in a trailer park. Don't know what kind of grass it is.