Racing mower build

Deathwish

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I was thinking about putting a Yamaha fj1100 motor into a lawnmower. I got the motorcycle for free and I could get a lawnmower for cheap and just figured it would be fun to ride around and go fast. Any thoughts? I’m not sure how hard it would be or how much fabrication I’ll have to do. I was thinking about getting a quad axle and running quad tires and wheels in the rear. Any responses will be appreciated

Bange

Threads
Obviously you're not going to cut grass, but how are you going to do the suspension, the shock absorber, the brakes ... have you evaluated what the Frankstein center of gravity will look like?
Aim at least on an ATV.

Deathwish

Forum Newbie
Threads
Obviously you're not going to cut grass, but how are you going to do the suspension, the shock absorber, the brakes ... have you evaluated what the Frankstein center of gravity will look like?
Aim at least on an ATV.
I am currently building a 400ex and will have extra a arms and shocks that I will be able to use if I need them. I would run a similar brake setup as one on a 400ex so it is decently simple to run. I am going to ask my neighbor if he has an extra lawnmower frame I can have or buy for cheap because he used to race and if he has one it’s probably lowered already or I can always lower it.

Bange

Threads
Well, if you're not going to follow all the engineering and safety rules for yourself and others, better go fishing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Google “Lawn Mower Racing” and you’ll find answers to most of your questions.