Questions on snapper rer's

afoulk

Threads
I've been looking at these things on different forums and craigslist, wishing I had a yard big enough to use one. Then is hit me yesterday, one of these might be the perfrect mower for my mom. So, here is the back story. My dad bought a John Deere L100 series lawn tractor about 8 to 10 yrs ago, with a rear bagger, but he passed away almost 2 yrs ago now, so my mom has had to mow the yard herself, as I live to far away to get out there to mow all the time. the yard has some hilly spots and with that comes my concern for her. My mother is in here early 60's, living by herself, and while she gets around great yet, she was born with only one hand (her right one) and I worry about her manuvering that tractor, especially on the off camber sections. Ofcourse bagging is out of the question, as is a push mower. So, my question to you guys is, would a Snapper RER be easier for her to use? If so, is she better off with an older model with the handle bars, or the newer ones with the square steering wheel? My thinking was it would be great for her on the hills as I'm thinking the added weight of the engine over the rear wheels would help traction, I think the controls would be easier for here to memorize, and since garage space is at a premium for her, I thought I could stand it up on the rear for her over the winter. If you guys think I'm on the right track, I would like to try and find a used one that maybe doesn't run and fix it up and give it to her. This would probably be a project that would take a couple years ofcourse, between coming up with the funding and then actually fixing it up. I'd like to try and sell the John Deere for her then if this all happens. Its not in the greatest shape, its been stored outside, under a cover most of its life, so there is rust on the deck and frame, and the plastics are faded, but might clean up after a good washing and wax. I just think the snapper would be easier for her to operate, easier to keep tabs on the level in the gas tank, and take up less space. Ofcourse it would have to be electric start as well. But since i have no experience with them yet, I wanted to see what you guys thought about my idea, and if there are any suggestions or things to watch out for, or even if someone has thought of a different route that I havn't. Thanks guys.

wmg2

Threads
I recently bought 7 Snapper RER's all of which need some work to get them running. So far I have 3 running with 2 of them already sold. By the end of this week end I should have a couple more running. They are easy to repair and operate. The common thread seems to be that if they will back up a hill then you can mow across the hill. The square wheel might be better for her as there are more places to grab the control. They do a great job of mulching so the bagger does not have to be used. My wife is in her mid sixties and she loves to run the unit. I am in eastern PA and if you would be interested in one let me know, I am selling them reasonably and they do run good when I sell them, have to because I have sold a couple to neighbors and I have to live near them.