Export thread

Question about Toro with cracked block

Y

ymurf

Hello everyone,I am new here and found this place from hours of searching the net for some help. I have a coworker that has a Toro timecutter zero turn mower with a 21hp Kohler engine on it.He bought it new in 2008 and used it a couple years when it started vibrating and knocking. Long story short it has two cracks in the block and one bolt busted off.It has been sitting in his garage for a couple years and I am thinking about buying it.From what I have been reading this is a very common problem with the Kohler courage. If I can get this cheap enough is it worth getting a new Kohler or should I convert to a different brand? Motor spec is sv610-0200..He has e-mailed Kohler twice with no response.Is was just out of warranty when this happened. I cant find a used engine anyplace around here. What Kohler engine would I need,Dont look like they make this one anymore?

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

If I can get this cheap enough is it worth getting a new Kohler or should I convert to a different brand?
Not worth it....move on.:cool:

Y

ymurf

Not worth it....move on.:cool:

Thats what I was wondering. He priced it at $600, I talked him down to $500 so far.Was thinking about offering $300. New engine is about $900.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Thats what I was wondering. He priced it at $600, I talked him down to $500 so far.Was thinking about offering $300. New engine is about $900.

try getting it and put a briggs on it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Y

ymurf

try getting it and put a briggs on it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

How would I find out which briggs would fit?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

How would I find out which briggs would fit?

you maybe wanna look at size and how the the bolts go in and you maybe might wanna look for vids on youtube :thumbsup:

G

ghessler26

The Briggs engine that you would use is 331877-0036. Bolts right on. Only additional part needed is a muffler.

Y

ymurf

The Briggs engine that you would use is 331877-0036. Bolts right on. Only additional part needed is a muffler.

Thanks for the info. I am kinda green when it comes to small engines,But it says 9 amp alt and I believe the Kohler that is on it now is 15 amp?will this be ok? Also will the throttle linkage and stuff hook right up?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Thanks for the info. I am kinda green when it comes to small engines,But it says 9 amp alt and I believe the Kohler that is on it now is 15 amp?will this be ok? Also will the throttle linkage and stuff hook right up?

The linkage would be easy i believe even if it not long enough buying a longer cable wouldnt coast much

Parkmower

Parkmower

Are you going to be using it or selling it? If you plan on using it and don't need it running immediately I'd buy it and look for a used engine on CL.

Carscw

Carscw

Are you going to be using it or selling it? If you plan on using it and don't need it running immediately I'd buy it and look for a used engine on CL.

I agree. You can find a engine for $100 or less

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

reynoldston

reynoldston

The last Kohler engine I repaired that was cracked I had welded at a welding shop. After welding it I gave it a coating of JB weld. It turned out good and the customer has two years on it now.

Y

ymurf

Plan on using it. I been wanting a zero turn for awhile.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

haha what do u mean

K-Pro-Mowing:
Some "user" left a spam-message in this thread last evening, and I was commenting on that--I hate spam! I guess the Admin. took care of it since it's not there anymore. :thumbsup:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

K-Pro-Mowing:
Some "user" left a spam-message in this thread last evening, and I was commenting on that--I hate spam! I guess the Admin. took care of it since it's not there anymore. :thumbsup:

ohh i see haha :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::confused2::confused2::confused2: