Push mower help

Zeroturn

Threads
My aunt is looking for a push mower. She has about 1.5 acres of land. She doesn't want to buy a rider. I'm thinking that she will need a push mower with the bigger wheels on the back. What kind is that? Anyone want to recommend a mower. She has some hills but it's mostly just flat land.

indypower

Threads
Many make the High Wheel Mowers. Sears has them as does Lowes & HomeDepot

Zeroturn

Threads
Any brand better than the other then? We are going to go looking this weekend. I don't know why I have been designated to help find one but I will try my best. I love the ones with the bigger wheels on the back.

jock0larity

Forum Newbie
Threads
Buy features, not brand. It will be pricey, but try and find something with steel wheels a gear transmission, and two-cycle. Don稚 know that I have seen many of them lately. Had one of those plastic wheel, belt driven one not so long ago. It lasted about 3 years for the belt and wheels needed replaced, which cost more than a 3rd of the purchase price. Toss a tune-up and oil change, and then it gets into real money. On a two cycle, you change the plug, clean the air-filter, make sure the muffler is not clogged with carbon, and sharpen the blade. Get the trimmer with the same fuel oil mixture, and its game time.