Push behind mower

Edwards saw service

Threads
reynoldston said:
It sure make a nice part time job for me to repairing homeowners equipment at my home being a retired mechanic. I can keep the labor prices down but the killer for me is parts because I have to pay retail plus run after them and I still want to make money on parts.

Yeah I agree when I first started out it is very hard on a self starter to pay retail for parts plus shipping. And you have to put your own money up front. The best of luck to you sir.

Sent from Lawn Mower Forum for iPhone.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It sure make a nice part time job for me to repairing homeowners equipment at my home being a retired mechanic. I can keep the labor prices down but the killer for me is parts because I have to pay retail plus run after them and I still want to make money on parts.

How hard is it to get a tax number in NY?...
If you bother getting one, and file at least quarterly, you can find great wholesale outlets... both locally and online... and there are some tremendous deals to be had if you follow it a little... :smile:KennyV

Edwards saw service

Threads
KennyV said:
How hard is it to get a tax number in NY?...
If you bother getting one, and file at least quarterly, you can find great wholesale outlets... both locally and online... and there are some tremendous deals to be had if you follow it a little... :smile:KennyV

I personally deal with Stens. They are excellent for every aspect of ope parts. Great company.

Sent from Lawn Mower Forum for iPhone.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am retired and this is not a start up business it is more a finish-up business. Just a part time thing to give me something to do in my older years. I guess I still like turning wrenches. I sure don't want a tax number because then it becomes a job with book keeping. If someone don't like my part prices go some place else and pay the high labor. In my younger years I worked on a lot of trucks and this is why I like to keep it down to lawn mower size now. No more bull work. No one could make a living doing it the way I work. I start late, take lots of breaks, take afternoon nap, and quit early.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I

.... I start late, take lots of breaks, take afternoon nap, and quit early.

Hey that's how I'm trying to live life... I have not got the quit early part down yet... but I'm trying.

Actually if your state allows you to file quarterly, it's not much book work.. 5 pieces of paper per year. :smile:KennyV

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Actually if your state allows you to file quarterly, it's not much book work.. 5 pieces of paper per year. :smile:KennyV

I know what you are saying but then it is a busness with a name which I don't want. If I want to take off 2 or 3 mounths I don't paper work of any kind to worry about also. I also just as soon keep the goverment out of it. Where I live we also have zoneing laws. I will just keep paying retail and pass the cost on.

Edwards saw service

Threads
Well to keep the government out of it you have too keep your earnings under a certain amount a year. Good luck. Someone from the small business part of your local government may come poking around your place if your too obvious what your doing.

Edwards Saw Service in Glen Mills PA

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well to keep the government out of it you have too keep your earnings under a certain amount a year. Good luck. Someone from the small business part of your local government may come poking around your place if your too obvious what your doing.

It ticks me off, BIG TIME, when any government agency wants to stick their (censored) fingers into your earnings. They did NOTHING to deserve ANY of what you earned. Same with local small business enforcement, they are just as greedy.

Edwards saw service

Threads
Yeah this is true but it costs less in the long run to follow their rules than to get caught without any license or tax ID number.