Pulley Problems

Hammbone72

Forum Newbie
A month ago I purchased a Hustler sport 48" new from a local dealer. During my
second mow the belt chewed up the bottom lip of 2 of the pulleys, took it
back to the dealer fixed no charge. Mowed approximately 4 times since, I was
mowing this morning 30 min and smelt that same burning smell, shut mower
off and sure enough 1 pulleys bottom lip was sheared off by the belt. Any
suggestion? Love the mower but in the shop twice for same reason.
 
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:
 
those plastic pulley's are crap.....but it sounds like a misalignment problem.....or the belt is too loose and climbing up the lip
 
Plastic or steel they sure should go more them a few mowing's. Like said earlier it must be a misalignment. This is the very reason I do my own repairs and when it is warranty I always recheck their work. As a rule you will find most well established dealer do good service work but being in the repair business I find it is not always. It sure has it be a pain when you need your mower and it has to be sitting at the dealers for repairs for the same thing they just repaired over and over. I would also make sure they pay for their own mess-ups.
 
Back
Top