pulley diagram

c2c

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to everyone. I am new to the forum. I have a Grasshopper 725 that a spindle had come apart on me a few years ago. I had pulled it apart and ordered parts and didn't get all I needed for it and so I ended up forgetting about the mower for a few years. To make a long story short I have decided to put it all back together now. I have the spindle rebuilt and ready to go back in, but this is the spindle thats closest to the side discharge and has the attachment drive pulley on top of it and I don't remember how it goes back together. Does anyone have a diagram of how it all goes back together? Thanks in advance.

BWH

Threads
I would suggest that you go to themowershopinc.com this is an excellent site that has nearly all parts diagrams for Grasshopper mowers and their decks. These are listed by model numbers and year of manufacture. I have used it many of times it is a very good reference. Good luck on your project!

c2c

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I went there and found out what I was looking for. I put it all together and ran it with the blades on for about 10 minutes, seemed to cut well. When I pulled it back in the shop and turned the mower off I looked at the belts and the one that runs the spindle I just fixed looked to be frayed at the top of it. It was a new belt when I put it on. It looks as though the belt is running toward the top of the drive pulley and the tensioner pulley but perfectly inline with the spindle pulley I just replaced. When I tightened the bolt down on top of the spindle I did it by hand but could I possibly bump it a few times with an impact to see if maybe it hasn't seated all the way down.

BWH

Threads
I don稚 see where it could hurt resetting the pulley with an impact. If that don稚 get the pulley into alignment I would start to go over the parts you used in this assembly, I知 not sure but I would suspect that there are no shims used on the unit. With that said the only other explanation I can come to would be the wrong part numbers for you housing. I haven稚 had to do any rebuilding on any of my Grasshopper decks yet but have worked over a good number of 1970痴 series Bolens decks and let me tell you those could be tricky to get together proper.