PTO spring John Deere 212

Cornmill

Forum Newbie
So I was cutting the grass yesterday and hit a thick patch, my blades stopped turning, so I rerouted the belt for the mower deck to the PTO clutch, but I noticed the big spring that is bolted on the front right side has come off and I can't get it back on.
Hope I explained this right and someone can help me
Thanks
 
Take the belt off. I use a long screw driver and hook the spring on it then put end of driver in hole and pop the spring on. Or use a ratchet strap to pull the spring to where it needs to go

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
Yeah, I was hoping to leave the belt on, wasn't sure how easy I'd get the belt back on if I took it off. I guess I'll find out.
Thanks
 
Back
Top