Pto randomly shuts off

shadetree#1

Threads
You can find a 0-15 amp or 0-20 amp DC ammeter on flea bay for around $15.
It will probably be a panel mount type but good for just testing DC amp draw on your clutch if you keep the rear terminals insulated when being used portable and I would fuse it with a 10-15 amp inline fuse. (so as to protect the full scale of the ammeter or causing a S in the analog needle if pegged out.

I have couple of hard to find high DC amp DMM's (Digital Multi Meters) that I use that are auto reading to 400 DC or AC amps. Not very many clamp on DMM's will auto read to 400 amps direct Current (DC).
They are also voltage and ohms scales and are user friendly type meters.

One is a EUI DL49 and the other is a Craftsman 82369. Going price for good clean ones are $50 or less. I seen a 82369 sell on flea bay few days ago for around $30 with the owners manual and case and a clean unit.
These are very handy for checking charging circuits and starter loads amps just by clamping around the wire and both will surface on flea bay every once in awhile.

You can review and download a operators/users manual for each on-line.
They are not made as new for sale now days. They sold new for around $100

dana a

Threads
Yes drawing 10 amps will melt down the terminal mounts. That is why I replace so many PTO switches.

As long as it is for test purposes only then it is okay but not as a permament fix.
OK. Thanks StarTech.