PTO not engaging

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Update on this mower. I think I mentioned that I told the guy there was still an electrical issue when he picked it up. It wouldn't mow in reverse, even with the switch on reverse and the button pushed. Customer told me not to worry about it. He didn't want to put any more money into it.
Two days ago, I get a call from my brother, who knows them very well. He said he got a call from the guy. Said he was mowing, and everything was working great. He parked it for a few minutes to take a break. When he walked back outside, the mower was in flames.

I don't know if it was an electric issue that started the fire. But I do know the engine & frame was covered in 1/4" of oil from a couple of leaks that had gone on for the last several years. I asked him if he wanted me to fix the leaks, he said it was cheaper to just add oil. lol

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well maybe he learn his lesson about being too cheap. Probably not. Here is one here that had a fuel leak but owner didn't want me to fix it either. At I notice it on the invoice for hte other repairs to cover my backside.

1656714844649.jpeg
Well I think fuel leak is now fixed. <lol>