Export thread

PTO, acceptable rpm drop.

Castleford

Castleford

After a winter of blowing snow with my Kohler sv730 it developed a extreme hard starting problem so I found the choke wasn't working and fixed that. While I had it apart I cleaned it well soaking overnight in white gas & using compressed air, etc.

So now it starts on command and runs at 3540/3600 WOT with no load, I added a tach/hour meter as well.

I had the feeling that it didn't have enough guts while mowing the slope on my lawn last year, this seemed to come on gradually.

When I engage the PTO the engine drops to 3000/3100 rpm at WOT. I figured the governor should keep it close to 3500 rpm or am I wrong?
I checked the governor adjustment and it looks to be over all the way to the right, with no room to move further.

B

bertsmobile1

One at time pull the spark plug leads off & try to ground them

What you are describing is exactly what happens when one cylinder on a V twin is not working

Castleford

Castleford

One at time pull the spark plug leads off & try to ground them

What you are describing is exactly what happens when one cylinder on a V twin is not working

Thanks, I'll try that. I bought a couple of chinese sparkplug testers and checked them as Ok couple of months ago, maybe one cylinder
has pooped the bed.