Pros & Cons 15w-50 vs 20w-50 Mobil One for 2800 Hydros

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Pros & Cons 15w-50 vs 20w-50 Mobil One for 2800 Hydros
How do YOU drain it fully?
By removing the oil filters, that drains each fully. According to Hydro-Gear info. That's what I did, & measured what I got out too. So I'm good with that.

Last edited:

Combat_Pyro

Forum Newbie
Threads
By removing the oil filters, that drains each fully. According to Hydro-Gear info. That's what I did, & measured what I got out too. So I'm good with that.
Okay. Just wondering. I just did mine. I had to take the right one out to replace a fan blade anyway. So I drained not on the mower since it was already out. I drained the other in the method you use. When I moved the removed hydro around into different positions I got more and more fluid out, so I felt like the removal did successfully drain more old fluid. I didn’t measure the output, so it’s speculative, but it seemed a significant amount to me. That said, I still opted to drain and fill the other one still on board. Turns out that, at least to me, because of the inaccessibility of the fill hole on my mower specifically it’s easier to remove it and then service it. Thanks for your response!

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn’t measure the output, so it’s speculative, but it seemed a significant amount to me. That said, I still opted to drain and fill the other one still on board. Turns out that, at least to me, because of the inaccessibility of the fill hole on my mower specifically it’s easier to remove it and then service it. T
Ur Welcome.
Well it's just a guess then.. Hydro-Gear is very specific in how much oil is needed. (Depending if you have external expansion tanks, or Internal). So when I drain & get about precisely what is spec. That is what Hydro-Gear had put in it.. I doubt there was anymore hidden in there. If you measured, you would know for sure.

If you couldn't access the "Fill hole" you can always use the "oil level hole" & do it from underneath. It's very easy to do.