Price of mowers vs Benefits

mois25

Threads
I hold the view that if you value quality then go for something that is expensive, and reasonably so for that matter. I believe in investing in something that will benefit me in the long run.

jenkinsph

Threads
I hold the view that if you value quality then go for something that is expensive, and reasonably so for that matter. I believe in investing in something that will benefit me in the long run.

I wouldn't advise using "expensive" as a yardstick.:thumbdown: I agree that a a longer lasting mower may cost more than a lesser quality low cost mower. My X749 mower costs more than most riding mowers but that isn't why I have it. I selected this model because it was the best fit for my needs. It will do things my less costly mowers couldn't do at all.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
When I get my tax return I'm getting a Toro super recycler with the Kohler engine. Not cheap, but my last expensive mower was from a company that essentially went out of business (Troy-Bilt).

Then I had a couple of cheapies that die about 27 minutes out of warranty and the parts cost over 1/2 what I paid for the mower.

I have bad hip (inherited from my Dad's side) and need a self propelled mower, but there are two many narrow areas in my yard for a rider.

I figure Toro will be around for awhile and it has a 5 year warranty. Aluminum deck, washout port, Kohler OHV engine, 5 coupons for a free yearly blade sharpening. It'll cost less in the long run.