Export thread

Power King, Jim Dandy, anybody out there still own and or use one of these.

D

duffy260

Years ago we imported Power King to Ontario, Canada and sold them for some time. There are still a good number of the units we sold being used. Often wondered how many have survived over the years. I still have some accessories and attachments, great tractors, not pretty like the newer models but solid and functional.

Briana

Briana

Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Mower & Equipment Buying & Pricing forum.

J

JasperJake

I just joined whatever the name of this group is today and am wondering how often people reply to their messages, if ever. I own and operate 5 1970's vintage Economy Power King tractors and know that there are a lot of them out here.

BlazNT

BlazNT

This is mainly a lawn mower repair forum. Most replies are for that. Unless it is for a really popular subject. So it all really depends on what you have to talk about.

B

bertsmobile1

And it is not Face book so it is not compulsory for every one to respond in 0.05 nanno seconds.
I pop on when I am in the office looking up parts, ordering parts or writing invoices so it might be 3 times a day or once a week.
Most come here when they have a problem then leave when it is solved.
If they elect to get email notices than when some one dredges up an old thread they get a email and might pop back for a while.
It is not an enthusiast club website.
IF you really want to contact other Power King owners, then once a week or so hit the more link on the right then select the anyone from the pop up window
:anyone:
this will keep the thread active

kblackmer100

kblackmer100

wish i had one

NorthBama

NorthBama

wish i had one also
I bet these guys have some
http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/

Padroo

Padroo

I still have my Power King tractor I bought new back in 1979. I bought a new lawn building and gave it a comfortable retirement home. It has done everything I have ever asked it to.

It has the 18 HP overhead valve Kohler engine.
48 Inch Mower Deck
48 inch hydraulic loader
tandem transmissions
A Brantley LD6 backhoe on the back.
I put a new set of rear tires on it several years ago and new rims. The old rims were rough because they were liquid filled.

When I bought my country lot back in about 1980 I needed something that could do a lot of different things and mowing old cornfield was its first task. They really don't mow all that well
because they are all gear drive so you were stuck in a gear that was either too fast or too slow and having a loader on your mower is not a good idea either but it got the job done.
When I moved a mobile home onto my lot I needed a driveway and a septic system, the old Power King came through. I built a detached garage 32 x 40 and it did all the footers and back filling.
When I started my house I had an excavator come in and dig the basement but I did all the stone and sand and pushed all the dirt with the Power King. My house was sitting pretty far out of the ground and had to bring in a couple hundred loads of dirt for more backfill. Mostly what it needs is a good paint job and some new hydraulic hoses, most are original.
There wasn't the selection of small tractors back then, I suppose Kubota would have been the logical choice but back then people still didn't buy foreign.