Poulan s1838 chainsaw won't start

Orangegud

Threads
hello forum. i pulled this chainsaw out of the garege and it fired up. went and did something else for a half an hour. tried restarting the saw, ended up replacing a broken at the bottom fuel line, all's well, getting gas to the carb. got spark but will not start. don't have a clue why. any help would be appreciated.

ProMower

Threads
When your fuel line breaks all the fine dirt in the tank goes into the carb. You can clean the carb, there is a screen filter within, then sometimes you need a carb kit (gaskets, diaphragm). Often it is better to order a new carb, (carb, filter and new fuel lines) sometimes as cheap as $20 depending on the machine.

Orangegud

Threads
When your fuel line breaks all the fine dirt in the tank goes into the carb. You can clean the carb, there is a screen filter within, then sometimes you need a carb kit (gaskets, diaphragm). Often it is better to order a new carb, (carb, filter and new fuel lines) sometimes as cheap as $20 depending on the machine.
thank u for responding. i'm getting a good stream of gas into the carb, readjusted the ignition mod., but wondering if the spark is strong enough. i even tried starting fluid. nothing

ProMower

Threads
ok what exactly did you say in this sentence? "ended up replacing a broken at the bottom fuel line"

Orangegud

Threads
ok what exactly did you say in this sentence? "ended up replacing a broken at the bottom fuel line"
sorry, i type as i'm speaking. when i tried to restart the saw, i wasn't getting any gas . my primer bulb was not reacting as it should, there was blockage, somewhere. i opened the gas chamber to find the end of the fuel line had disintegrated and pieces were in the line. the line kept on breaking and i had a new piece on hand and decided to JUST REPLACE the whole THING! i touched nothing else and this is where i'm at. it's like this. on somthing old, once you go mucking about, game over.

ProMower

Threads
ok makes sense then, rebuild or replace the carb.